Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Ska vi ta en fika?

Morning All Crafters,
Sandy here to blog Tina's card for this week's theme "Autumn".
Tina has used papers from an ancient Maja Design collection, but it has remained a favourite for myself and many others; "the Fika collection". 

For the fun of it, I looked up Wikipedia's definition of "fika":
Fika is a social institution in Sweden; it means having a break, most often a coffee break, with one's colleagues, friends, date or family. The word "fika" can serve as both a verb and a noun. Swedes consider having a coffee an important part of the culture. You can fika at work by taking a “coffee break”, fika with someone like a “coffee date”, or just drink a cup of coffee. As such, the word has quite ambiguous connotations, but almost always includes something to eat, such as cookies, cakes and even candy, accompanied with the drink. This practice of taking a break, typically with a cinnamon roll or some biscuits or cookies, or sometimes a smörgås or a fruit on the side, is central to Swedish life, and is regularly enjoyed even by government employees.

Awww....I miss my Swedish Fika breaks. :-)
Tina has combined WOC roses with the beautiful curly roses from Kort & Godt.

Thanks for stopping by.
We hope you'll enjoy some "fika" time today!
Hugz from
Tina & Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love this collection too, papers are simply divine!
    Hugs,
    tamika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking picture... The card is awesome, too. :)
    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE these papers and so wish they'd bring them out in the 6x6 pads. Stunning card, love the image, utterly enchanting. I loved being introduced to 'fika' when I was in Sweden with my best pal, especially having her home made kanelbullar. Divine! Miss that so much. New Zealand feels very far away from that life and those times. So glad I can keep my love for all things Scandinavian alive through your gorgeous Scandinavian papers and embellies Sandy. Thanks for posting to me in New Zealand. It's always a highlight of my week when a parcel from you arrives! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete