Friday, August 23, 2013

Once Upon a Time...In Real Life

This week at Live and Love Crafts our inspiration theme is "Once Upon A Time".  I thought about the typical fairy tales and books I've read but decided to go with a real life story.  My friend Nancy said this picture of her and her mom was taken in 1950.

I've used papers from Pion's "Alma's Sewing Room" and hated covering it up but it still looks so pretty.  I've distressed everything including the Vintage Box Lacing Chocolate border die.  Also added the resin pieces for some texture.  Aren't they gorgeous?!


I made a shabby chic bow using some seam binding from LLC, added some brown tulle behind the bow and popped a vintage pearl in the center of it.  You can hardly see it but there's some jute fabric layered underneath the photo starting 


I'm sooooooo excited that LLC is carrying Wild Orchid Crafts flowers now.  LOVE THEM!!  They go so well with the Kort and Godt rolled flowers that I've added a Melissa Frances pearl to.  Oh and don't you just love the bark hearts?!!  YES!! 


I really enjoy making these huge bouquets on cards.  Sometime I have to yell at myself to back away from the table.  It's done!  LOL!

Well I hope you have a wonderful weekend and manage to get in some crafting time.
Thanks for checking in today. 
Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! Your card has so many elements and still light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This is masterpiece Eulanda!!!!!! Gosh - I love it!!!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is a stunning keepsake, a real beauty, I just love all the special little details. I've missed coming by here (not been too well) fabulous work as always. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes They're gorgeous! I love the flowers I love the picture. :) Looks beautiful! :) I wish to make cards like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful! I love the colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no words to describe this... soooooo pretty and so many great details and gorgeous sketch too!

    ReplyDelete